Tuesday, September 2, 2014

The first of many

I started my morning out by making 2 lunches instead of one, and getting 2 backpacks together...instead of one. I made my to-do list, and I have lots of projects that I want to get done. But, here I am pouting and even sobbing a little. I just dropped my little one off at Preschool for the first time. I thought we were ready. Heck! I've been saying for so long that I could use a little break from that rascal, but apparently not. You would think that by the way I feel he was my first. But no, he is my 3rd and final. Maybe that is why I'm having trouble today. I'm sure that the fact that I'm all alone (hubby's out of town for the week, daughter's at work, and now both of my little guys are at school) for the first time in years and I have ABSOLUTELY no idea what to do with myself isn't a factor at all.


As I'm writing, I'm looking around my house and see that there is dog hair to vacuum up (UGH), toys to put in the basket, and a few empty boxes to get rid of..the darn things keep ending back up in the house. You see, we just moved to TN from TX 3 months ago. Just about all of my house is put together (except for that one room..you know, everyone has one) That will need to be a post for another day though.


So here's to you Mommy's and Daddy's who just dropped of your babies for the first time. For some of you may be Boo-Hooing...some of you may be Yahooing, either way here's to you.


Children Are Like Balloons
by Dan Gauthier


Children are like balloons with a message inside.
They start out small and we inflate them with
       something of ourselves.
As we pour our lives into them,
they spread sunshine,
give joy,
brighten the days, and
cheer up the sick.
They remind us of being young and that life is fragile.
They celebrate living.


When discouraged, they are like a balloon that deflates.
A simple openness allows us to refill them
with hope for the future and
feeling that they are special,
and the knowledge that they are loved.


Their enthusiasm is like a balloon carried
      on the wind with the never-ending energy.
They sway and drift,
it's then that they need our
prayers and loving guidance,
without too much pressure
that would cause them to burst.


The time comes, sprinkled with tears and joy,
when others are able to read the message we have
        written on their hearts.
So we let go and with faith we let fate guide our
        precious balloons.


Not the end...but truly the beginning

No comments:

Post a Comment