Wednesday, September 24, 2014

My Magnetic Chalkboard Wall

For those of you who know me know that I LOVE to do projects!  I usually have about 3 going at one time..lol I am also VERY frugal when doing them. If I can save money, I usually do. If it is something that I can do, build, paint, cook, etc. for myself, I do it myself. I feel like that I shouldn't have to pay anyone if I can do it :)

This is one of my last minute projects that I decided to do that I just finished! So much fun!!

I have this bar island in my kitchen, and I haven't found any barstools that I like. So, I decided to make it an activity place for my boys.

My little one, L, and I went to Lowe's yesterday to check something out for a future project that I have in mind. I walked down the paint aisle. (Just because it is one of my FAVORITE aisles in Lowe's!) I decided on doing a magnetic chalkboard wall!

Here are my pics :)

First to tape off the trim and cover up that HORRIBLE flat paint.

 I used Rust-oleum Magnetic Primer. It takes 3 coats with 30 minutes of drying time in between (that was the long part!) Make sure you constantly stir the goopy liquid. The goop is what makes it magnetic. Oh yeah..and use a foam roller brush so you don't have any brush strokes.
 
After one coat!
 
 We needed a break to brush the dogs ;)
 
 Now for the chalkboard paint!! I used Valspar Tintable Chalkboard Paint in the color Faded Denim!
There are 10 colors you can choose from! So cool :)
 
Now for the test :)

I think they like it!
 
 
 
~A busy child is a happy child, and a child that doesn't have time to get into too much trouble. That is why we try to stay super busy!

No comments:

Post a Comment